Monday 5 March 2012

Not Your Typical Aussie Tourist

My story:
I am your not-so typical Aussie Koala. I live in the bush with my family in South-East Queensland, but I have a real yearning to travel the World.  I had never travelled  further than a few trees down, until this weekend, when my adventures through Cruise Megastore really began.

My Weekend Getaway to Beautiful Daydream Island

Living in the bush, I didn’t realise how many beautiful islands there were off the Queensland coast, but my weekend getaway gave me a taste of just some of the highlights on offer.  

Leaving Brisbane on Friday I flew to the tropical paradise of Hamilton Island. On the edge of the Great Barrier Reef, this picturesque Island is one of 74 making up the stunning Whitsunday Islands. From there, I caught the super quick Cruise Whitsundays ferry across to the beautiful Daydream Island Resort.

My aim for the weekend was to explore this tropical paradise and to relax in its serene surroundings. Daydream is a private island located only 5kms off the mainland. Only 1km in length and 500m wide, its crystal clear waters, perfect white sandy beaches, and colourful coral reefs, make it the ideal holiday destination – suitable for families, couples, wedding parties and of course Koalas!

My weekend of doing nothing however did not turn out quite as planned. There was just so much to keep me occupied! From feeding the tropical fish and sting rays in the ‘Living Reef’, using the resorts free water activities, playing the Australian-themed putt putt golf course, to meeting the locals, there was loads to do!

Being within easy reach of Hamilton Island and the mainland, Daydream Island Resort is a great weekend getaway destination. With very reasonable pricing for the range of facilities available, this serene resort will suit anyone’s budget.

 For more details on Daydream Island Resort packages, call Cruise Megastore on 1300 657 948 or visit www.cruisemegastore.com.au/daydream-island/






No comments:

Post a Comment